Saturday, 1 January 2011

Patxi Untxizuria

I had two fertility related topics that I wanted to post about over the past few days, one of which I even wrote, edited, posted and then removed again. I'm worried that both of them might be a bit controversial.

So instead I am posting a picture of our new family member, Patxi, who is not a baby substitute and will always be a cat! We adopted him a couple of weeks ago from the animal hospital. He was a stray.

As per T. S. Eliot's The Naming of Cats Patxi is his common name, and his particular name is Untxizuria, which more or less means 'White Rabbit' in Basque (though I'm not 100% certain of the grammar). The vets had named him 'rabbit' in Korean because of his big ears. It's also appropriate as we are now heading into the year of the rabbit.


3 comments:

luckyme said...

I saw the first few lines of your removed posts. I have censored some of my posts too but wonder if it's OK to wonder about things, even if they are sensitive? I have had a lot of ethical dilemmas already and I know I may face more and people won't always agree with me.
Patxi is lovely, I love the ginger smudges. A very Happy New Year to you!

Kat said...

I didn't want to be seen as criticising Korea, as we really do love living here and what I might find merely interesting, some people might view it differently. I decided to err on the side of caution.

China Doll said...

Ooh, now I'm wondering what the topics were. Though Kat, I think we've already covered some difficult, ethical topics on BC forum (PRCGirl here) :)