Friday, 25 February 2011

Corkscrews and hairpins and broken necks...oh my!

What a day. I'm typing this at 11.15 at night after working until 10, but I want to update now as I'm at work all day tomorrow and won't get a chance to do anything til Sunday at this point.

Nothing much about me happened today. I went for my Day 3 blood test, it was much more expensive than I expected (248,420 won!) and it turned out I did need to make an appointment to get it done, despite what I had been told on the phone on Wednesday. Luckily, they were able to slot me in and get it organized quite quickly.

However the big new is my husband's semen analysis: normal! We expected as such, but still it's a relief. We got a printout to try and compare with what Dr Google says. I was just reading through it now (rocking Friday night for us!) I'm not sure what information is usual to get on a Semen Analysis, but this one seems incredibly detailed. It starts quite usually:

Volume: 3.3ml
Motility: 62%
pH: 7.8

It then goes on to give information that I can't wait to google, including:

Broken Neck: 4%
Coiled tail 6%
Short tail: 2%
Hairpin tail: 2%

There's more, but I really need to go to bed.

3 comments:

Kate Bentley said...

Hey! I think anything that is normal on this journey has to be celebrated!! xxxxxx

China Doll said...

Wow, I've never seen such specifics either! And, how cool that you get your results in English :) Or did you translate them?!

Congrats on the normal result xx

Kat said...

There are many more specifics! I'm not sure why the results are in English. The clinic we go to is the one the US army doctors refer their families to, so that may be why. Who know?