Tuesday, 8 February 2011

Limboland

I feel very much in limbo at the moment. When I made the decision to put things off for a month two weeks ago I was feeling really harassed and worn out at work. However things have now calmed down a bit and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

But now I have a two week wait (not the two week wait) before I can again have the tests I need. In the grand scheme of things this is really not that long, but I was in a really gloomy mood this morning, and my dh commented that I would be for two more weeks, until we can get things moving again. I'm a little frightened (though also gratified) that he knows my cycle so well!

On the positive side, my schedule at work has been changed so it fits around the clinic hours better (I have been really lucky in this, without having to tell my line manager why).

5 comments:

luckyme said...

Nice when the timing of treatment fits into the real world. Shame about the lull but I hope you can make it pass quickly and easily and be extra ready for the next stage.

Kat said...

I hope so too! I want to ask the pregnant lady at work a few things about work policies for maternity leave as I am on a two year contract, and of course the possibilities for when dragon baby might be coming (if we're lucky) all fall at my contract renewal date! I feel rather torn between pursuing my career and not wanting to put things off as it's going to be difficult for us without adding further complications of age.

Jenni said...

Isn't it amazing how 2 weeks is no time at all, and at the same time, it's forever.

Kat said...

I'm really busy, which does help, but it's frustrating as well because we've been waiting a year to get started on this.

China Doll said...

Glad that your work schedule is going to make things easier.. definitely helps to have work to keep busy xx