Sunday, 24 April 2011

Awards Part 1


Thanks to both China Doll at Infertility in China and Krissi at Stress Free Infertility for giving me awards on the same day! I'm so pleased that people think of me!

The rules of the awards are a little bit complicated for me, and might take me a few days to do, so I'll do them part 1 and part 2!

Seven things about me.

1. I live outside of my country of birth by choice and currently have no plans to return. I have chosen a career that gives me the freedom to live abroad. And given the UK government's new student visa regulations, there may not be that many jobs in my field left in the UK soon!

2. I live in Seoul, South Korea with my husband of two years and our slightly agoraphobic cat, Patxi.

3. I'm currently addicted to audiobooks. They're so great for travelling around the city, cleaning the house, doing tedious things at work. I pay for all of my audio books and get them from audible.co.uk

4. I'm an Aries, and I definitely am an Aries. Half the time I think zodiac signs are a load of rubbish, but then I look at Arien character traits and reconsider.

5. I love cooking, but haven't got much time at the moment to devote to it. I miss it.

6. I harbour ambitions as a fiction writer but I am currently lacking three things: focus (infertility is a b*tch), a work ethic, and an idea for a novel that I can maintain interest in. This blog is actually a way of keeping writing and trying to get my distracting infertility thoughts out of my mind so I can focus. So far not working too well.

7. I work as an EFL teacher for an incredibly serious school that takes up a lot of my time and energy (see number 5 and 6 on this list). I mostly like my job, but not the time it takes up. I'm working on my work-life-treatment balance right now.

I will do my blog links in the next post!

3 comments:

China Doll said...

Great to get to know a bit more about you :)

Fran said...

Hi! I'm stopping by for ICLW and I'm glad you posted here something about you so I got to know you a bit! I've also read you had an ectopic. I had two and somehow I feel it's some sort of connection between people. Keeping everything crossed for your IUI!
Fran

ICLW #131

BBH said...

Stopping by from ICLW. This was fun to read! I have been thinking of trying audiobooks.