Saturday, 23 April 2011

IUI Number 2

I was super early to the clinic, as the traffic wasn't as bad as I had expected, and I was able to go in early - did I mention I love my clinic?

I adopted a new strategy with Dr K. Instead of telling him everything I was thinking, I just waited to see what he thought. He recommended another IUI, which is where I was leaning in the end as well. He did seriously remind me that my fallopian tubes might not be working correctly. I got the impression he's going to want to move on to IVF soon.

He wanted to move on to injectables this time, but I'm going away for a few days next week. Even though I could have got all the injections done here in Korea, I wouldn't have been able to go in for the scans. I thought, briefly, about cancelling my trip, but Dr K quickly said we can try again with Clomid this cycle. Also, I really didn't want to cancel my trip - I've been really, really stressed with treatments and work. I can take the Clomid while I'm away and then go in for a scan the day after I come back.

I know that I didn't respond fantastically to the Clomid last time, so I'm a little disappointed not to be moving on with this cycle. However weighing it all up I think it's best that I go on a break for a few days. I'm going with a friend, not my husband, so I can have a real break from fertility stuff.

6 comments:

Red Power Ranger said...

Have a nice break, so you are well rested and ready to fight in your next IUI..

Summastarlet said...

Enjoy your mini break! I think it is well deserved!

lostintranslation said...

Happy ICLW. I've also done (and am doing again) fertility treatments away from my home country (although I'm not so far away as you are). Good luck with your second IUI and enjoy your break!

Sara said...

Hi Kat,

I somehow missed your comment on my blog before, so I'm just coming over now. I'm so excited to get the chance to hear about your adventures in Korea. I've been back in the US since 2009, and still really miss living in Seoul. I'm going back to read the rest of your archives now.

China Doll said...

Enjoy your trip! And keeping fingers crossed for everything to go perfectly this IUI cycle xx

Krissi said...

Good luck in this next cycle! Enjoy your trip! I just found you so I just added your link, now following and I gave you an award (check out my home page at Stress Free Infertility)! Happy ICLW!