Monday, 18 April 2011

Worried

The big question: when to test? I haven't got my early hpts through the mail yet, and goodness knows really when they'll turn up. The pregnancy tests I've used here in Korea are all 25mIU, so it's far too early to use one of them yet. The clinic also said to wait to test if my period doesn't turn up. I know I ovulated on the 7th, so Thursday or Friday might be the big day.

The big problem: I'm a teacher. Once my day gets started, it's really difficult to get anyone to cover if you're suddenly 'ill' during the day. If AF turns up at work, I don't know how I will handle it. At some points I have a 15 minute break between classes, what if I discover it then?

If I had had no symptoms so far, I think it would have been fine. I wasn't expecting the IUI to work, so my period showing up would just be confirmation of what I already believed. However I have had symptoms. Every day. And they all point to the IUI working: breast changes, AF like cramping (a lot of it since day 5 post IUI, reducing now) my temp is up one degree (though as I suck at charting, this is based on very spotty data and I'm trying not to believe it too much)

At the moment, I believe the IUI has worked. But I'm also a realist who knows the stats, and has lost a pregnancy before. If AF comes, and I've had a chemical pregnancy, or if these symptoms are all in my head or unconnected coincidences, then I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it.

4 comments:

Red Power Ranger said...

I hope your instincts are right... Best of luck that you make it through the week AF free, and for another 12mths months at least...

China Doll said...

Really hoping that it has worked for you.. maybe test on Wednesday?

Cattiz J said...

Oh, I hope your symptoms are the real thing. Can you wait until the weekend to test? and hope no AF shows.. tricky situation when you just want to know. I'm impressed you can handle work in all this.

Kat said...

I'm going to test every morning now, just to get myself in a mental place that I won't freak out if AF appears at work.

I have to keep working to pay for treatments/have insurance for treatments!