Saturday, 14 May 2011

2WW Frustration


This post was meant for yesterday but as blogger was down all day...

This has been a very frustrating 2WW so far for several reasons. First off, I actually have no idea when I ovulated, how many follies I had (though it wouldn't have been more than two) and etc etc. I had no idea that a non-monitored cycle would be so stressful. I could be anywhere between 6 to 8 days dpo, so symptom spotting, knowing whether to POAS is very confusing and frustrating.

Secondly, and I am aware that this is a little stupid, but there are so many ladies IVF cycling on exactly the same days that I somehow got it in my head that I was on the same calendar as them. Everyone is having their beta tests now, so I kind of thought that I should be close to a possible testing date by now, which in reality I am not. I am actually about a week behind them.

Blogger being down was very weird yesterday, as I hadn't realised how caught up I was in other people's lives until there is nothing new to read and I wasn't able to comment on people's posts. I found myself really worrying about people. For example
Princess Wahna Bea Mama had posted her great beta test results earlier in the day, before the blogger outage. Later I clicked back to see if I could comment, but the post had disappeared! Oh my god, I thought, what's happened? Has the worst happened and she's removed the post? It took me a while to realise that all of the posts from the previous days had disappeared on nearly everyone's blogs. Phew!

As I wasn't able to read blogs all day I went out and did something else. In the end, I went shopping for skirts for work. Instead I bought 2 pairs of cut off trousers and ended up in a cat cafe. In case you don't know, a cat cafe is a place where you go and drink coffee, with about 20 cats. You're allowed to feed and pet the cats, but not pick them up.
Here are some photos I took with my iPhone

It was a lot of fun, but the cats were all spoiled and only wanted to play with people who had treats for them. I also didn't hear any of them purring at all. There was one guy, called Sweet Potato (고구마) who really reminded me of the velociraptors in Jurassic Park. Whenever I tried to give a treat to another cat he would literally knock that cat's head out the way and steal the treat. My own cat at home is much cuter and playful and I'm allowed to pick him up. My cat is not a pedigree, and has a weird eye gunk problem, but he's loveable. I felt so guilty about playing with the other cats I went on to spent $35 on a toy that so far he won't play with.

In other news, I tried to get over my superstition about the pregnancy seat on the bus. On Korean public transport they have special priority seats, as they do in nearly every country in the world. On a Korean bus there are not only priority seats, but also a special pink pregnancy seat (as in the picture above). In the past I have tried not to sit in the seat, worrying about tempting fate as I wasn't pregnant. Yesterday I decided I was being an idiot, and so sat down.

8 comments:

marilyn said...

hahahha...that sounds like fun! I would love to go to a coffee shop with lots of cats!

Kat said...

It's sooo cute, despite the aloof kitties. There is a dog cafe nearby as well!

China Doll said...

Love the idea of a cat cafe.. are they common over there?!

Kat said...

There are a few of them about. I know of two for sure. It cost about 5 pounds to get in, but you get a free coffee for that.

knitting vixen said...

I have 2 cats and one of them is sooo much friendlier than the other that I wonder if it's because we are nicer to him or something ?!?
Maybe I should set up a cat cafe here in London.

Kat said...

I think there would be a health and safety issue in the uk. Here I had to sanitise my hands before touching the cats; in the uk it would be completely the other way around. There was cat hair floating everywhere. Also, they kept putting cat food on the back of people's hands for the cats to lick off (I refused that particular privilege).

Sara said...

I never went to a cat cafe. Sounds interesting.

I rarely rode the bus in Korea, so the pregnancy seats weren't a factor. The subway seats weren't usually much help either, because it was almost impossible to pry the ajummas and abojji out of the seats. I once had to stand with my 8.5-month belly three inches from the face of a small boy as his (youngish and able-bodied) grandparents explained to him that I wasn't just fat, I was pregnant. Another time, an ajumma aged only about 50 physically shoved me out of the way as I approached the disabled/elderly/pregnant seats so she could get the last seat. Needless to say she had a face full of my huge belly for her whole ride ;-)

Sorry the 2ww is driving you crazy. They're hard no matter what, but even worse when you don't know what to expect. Good luck!

JustHeather said...

I'm with you in the 2WW and I'm doing all I can to not think about it. It isn't working too well, most of the time.

The cat cafe sounds fun, except I agree with you that being able to pick up my cats at home is more fun! We've also learned not to buy (expensive) toys for the kitties anymore, they like the wrappers better.

Good luck with the rest of your 2WW. May it go quickly and fruitfully.