Saturday, 25 June 2011

Day 10 Scan

After my post yesterday I went out for dinner with a friend. Went to the bathroom around 9pm, and discovered I was spotting. I managed to get home before having a total freak out at my husband about whether I had already ovulated and we would have to cancel the cycle.


Luckily, I my appointment was scheduled for 7.45 so I didn't have the whole morning to dwell on it. While waiting for my ultrasound I was praying 'please don't let me have ovulated. Please measure something!' I was so happy when she started measuring. Not so happy that she only seemed to have measured 5 follicles. I know 5 is better than none, but I'm still disappointed.


According to Dr K I am responding slower than he thought I would. Why this is a surprise to him I don't know. I have responded slowly in every cycle we have done. My biggest follicle was at 1.7 this morning, with most being 1.4.


We also confirmed my blood type. Definitely O negative. Again, they didn't seem too concerned about it, so I'm not worried.


So I have to go back tomorrow morning. This is a bugger as I have class at 10am. So I'm going to be rushing from the clinic to class. At least it's a Sunday so there won't be any traffic. Luckily I have prepared my Sunday classes already in case I had my egg retrieval on Sunday and someone had to sub for me.


One more Gonal F shot today which was kind of cool because instead of giving me a new pen they drew the left over meds out of the pens with a syringe (I'm easily pleased!) Also bloods, and finally the cetrotide to prevent premature ovulation. I'm relieved to have had it after that scare last night, though it itches like crazy! I now have a huge welt on my stomach that looks like my reaction to mosquito bites.

7 comments:

China Doll said...

Sounds like your follies are doing fine, though I know it's frustrating when you seem to be responding slower than you expected.. but that won't affect the final outcome :)

Hope all goes smoothly at the clinic tomorrow and getting to class after xx

Cattiz J said...

Ahh, I know the disappointment in having few follicles. It's such a cliche but at least it's true that you only need one good embryo for making a baby.Hang in there.

Lora said...

I hope all is going well and that those folicles keep progressing. As the previous poster said, all you need is one! Hang in there!

infertilerevolutionary said...

thanks for commenting on my blog. i'm always curious to hear about how these things work in other countries. good luck this time around, hope you get the dragon baby

luckyme said...

Glad you have the cetrotide at last, I remember feeling very anxious before I took that. The spotting must have been so scary, very glad your scan was imminent. Good luck tomorrow.

C said...

Ugh. I know that feeling all too well. I hope and pray that you're pleasantly surprised at retrieval.

Queenie. . . said...

Good luck this cycle! Spotting is just so nerve-wracking. When I finally had a pregnancy that stuck around, leading to my daughter, I spotted off and on for months while pregnant. But, it doesn't always mean bad news, as it turns out!