Tuesday, 21 June 2011

Happy June ICLW

I saw this on a fellow bloggers ICLW greeting last month and thought I would do it this time around. Enjoy!


A) Age when you started TTC:  Me 27, Him 26

B) Baby Dancing or Sex: What's that? Sex to make a baby? That's crazy!

C) Children wanted: Three, but at the moment we're going to have one (hopefully!) and see how it goes.

D) Dog/Cat/Fill in Children:  Cat. Lazy, spoiled, agoraphobic Patxi

E) Essential oils/ Vitamins/ Snail Oils: Nope - I think I have some Costco multivitamins somewhere but I always forget to take them.

F) Fertility meds I've taken: Clomid, Follistim, Gonal-F, IVF-C (trigger shot)

G) Gain: At the moment, 0.5kg

H) HSG (Hystosalpingogram): Unfortunately yes. Tubes open but they don't actually work properly because of adhesions.

I) Infertile Pet Peeves: The usual I'm sure.

J) Job title: Teacher

K) Kids name you're afraid will be taken by the time you have kids: I don't think my names will be taken, and if they are there are plenty more that I like!

L) Length of time TTC: 3 years 4 months

M) Miscarriages: No... does an ectopic count?

N) Number of times you've switched OB/GYN's, RE's: Once, but only because of an international move.

O) Ovarian quality: Looking good at the beginning of treatment. Probably knackered now after 4 months of continual stimulation.

P) POAS or wait for AF: POAS unfortunately. It's not good for my mental health. I'm thinking of throwing away my cheapies this cycle and just wait for the blood test. Easier said than done though.

Q) Quote from an obnoxious fertile: "I don't believe in too much medical intervention in pregnancy"  Neither did I til I was in emergency surgery with an ectopic pregnancy. Now I'm all 'bring it on!'

S) Sperm: Rockstar sperm. 99% motility after washing in both IUIs.

T) Time tried naturally: March 2008 - February 2010

U) Uterus: So far so good (hopefully no other problems beyond my crappy tubes).

V) Vagina:  I'm a bit sick of getting dildo-cams and speculums shoved up it, truth be told.

W) What baby stuff do you have already:  A copy of What to Expect that I bought in the hope that getting a book about pregnancy will get me pregnant - If you build it, they will come. Also my buggy (stroller) window shopping habit.

X) X-tra X-tra Hear all about it! How many people know the ins and outs of our crazy TTC journey?: Quite a few. I'm fairly open about it all because I think that it's nothing to be ashamed of. And hey, if my story makes a 23 year old get an STI check, then I've done something good in the world. People do say stupid things sometimes but generally speaking they are pretty good about it and just tell me IVF success stories.

Y) Yearly Exam. No, because we only do them every 3 years in the UK. Am due a cervical smear test though. Maybe if this cycle is a BFN I'l get on that.

Z) Zits: Yes, despite my Clini.que habit. Genetic I'm afraid.

9 comments:

China Doll said...

Great way to introduce your story :)

knitting vixen said...

what's iclw?

Kat said...

It stands for International Comment Leaving Week and it happens every month. It's a good way to discover new blogs and also get more readers. The list for this month is at http://www.stirrup-queens.com/2011/05/icomleavwe-june-2011/

Cattiz J said...

I like it, Happy ICLW =)

Lulu said...

Hi, found you through cyclesista. I am also starting IVF this month (my first). I'm on BCPs and start Lupron next week.

Good luck!!

Mrs. E said...

Hi! I found your blog through ICLW and just wanted to say that I'm excited to follow your journey. As a side note: My husband and I lived in Seoul from 2008-2010 :)

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Welcome to ICLW! Hope your journey has a bfp soon!


~Suzy
ICLW #53

Sushigirl said...

I also really hate "baby dancing". It gives me the boak!

Kristin said...

I say an ectopic counts. It is definitely a loss. I hope you have better luck next time and you get a BFP that hangs out in the proper part of the ute.

ICLW #10