Thursday, 30 June 2011

Nothing New...

All is quiet here. I have no idea how many of my eggs have fertilised, nor whether the embryos are surviving. All I have is a piece of paper which says to come in tomorrow at 8am and to use my progesterone gel daily.


This is slightly maddening but also brings with it an element of calm. I have to trust other people are doing their jobs properly. It feels like the clinic is confident that we will have at least a couple of embies tomorrow for transfer, otherwise they wouldn't have us come in. (I am dreading the phone ringing today).


My husband and I have discussed how many embies we would like to put back if we are given the choice. As far as I know there aren't any rules in Korea about numbers. We thought two, so long as we have some more to freeze. If we only have three in the end, then I guess we'll do three. I am concerned about multiples above twins, but we'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.


Luckily the transfer falls on my weekend, so I don't have to worry about taking more time off.


That's all for today. Will update tomorrow after the transfer.

5 comments:

Guiri de California said...

No news is good news, I hope! Good luck on your transfer! I wish we could put in two eggs, but Turkey change its law last year. Only one egg for those under 35-I am only one year too young!

Kat said...

That sucks! I guess it's part of the SET policy that is very popular in Europe now.

I'm really hoping that no news is good news.

luckyme said...

I would guess the same, go with their confidence that you will be having a transfer, absolutely. I know some people get an initial phone call with a fertilization report but this changes until the morning of transfer so you never really know what you've got until you arrive and you get a final what's what. I really wish you all the best and it's great it falls on the weekend so you can take it easy.

lostintranslation said...

Hoping no news is good news too! Good luck tomorrow!!

Sushigirl said...

Good luck. Transfer's much easier compared to EC.