Tuesday, 12 July 2011

Beta Day... what's the point really?

I went into the clinic after my morning class, and mentally psyched myself up for saying the words to Dr K. Saying it out loud makes it harder to deal with. But I managed. Things stand like this:
  • We have to wait 'til September for a FET. This is good for me as it benches me. Even though I know psychologically I need a break, I would have been very tempted to go for it immediately if the option was open to me. Dr K wants to wait the rest of this cycle, then the whole of the next one to check that my body is going back to normal.
  • The embryos were/are all 'good' quality.
  • It will be a natural FET.
  • Dr K agrees that trigger shots seem to shorten my cycle. This IVF cycle from start to finish was 21 days. My natural cycle is around 30 days (from what I remember of it!) That's why I'm extra happy about a natural FET.
  • If we end up having to do another fresh cycle, we'll worry about triggering then.
  • We didn't discuss progesterone, but I'll bring it up next time.
  • Had to pay for ICSI and cryopreservation today also
I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be taking a break from blogging for a while. Maybe not 'til September, but at least for a few weeks. I'm not sure about reading and commenting. I want to as I want to be there for you all, but I'm not sure I can handle it at the moment.

12 comments:

Michele said...

Do what you need to do, we'll be here when you get back. Glad there is a plan in place for the future for you.

lostintranslation said...

Take all the time you need. We'll be here.

JustHeather said...

It totally sucks when a cycle doesn't work. We've had 2 failed IVf and 1 failed FET. And now summer break.
I know the feeling of needing to get a way for a while. Definitely do what you need to, as the others said, we'll be here when you get back.

Cattiz J said...

It is good with a break even if you want to go for it right away, had the same feeling myself. Try to enjoy the summer months now and take care of you and hubs. Again, I'm so sorry it didn't work for you this time.

C said...

((HUGS))

Do what you need to do right now, but please know that if you do take a break, you will be missed, and we will all look forward to your return.

Sounds like you have a great plan for September!

Bernadette & Duane said...

Sending hugs. I'm so sorry for all that you're going through. Infertility can be such a black hole. Here for you if you need some support!

knitting vixen said...

Don't blame you for wanting a break. If you want to break take one. I have taken internet breaks before... I always come back but when I do I am ready.

We'll be here for you when (if) you re-surface :-)

mommyodyssey said...

I am so sorry :-( Take as much time as you need but remember that you have support here when you need it! Sending you huge hugs.

Sara said...

I'm sorry, Kat. I think it's a good idea to take as much time as you need to process.

Hugs.

luckyme said...

The online support will always be here waiting for you when you are ready, as will those good quality embryos. Until then, take care and rest x

embracingtherain said...

I'm so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you. (((((hugs)))))

China Doll said...

Take as much time as you need.. we'll be here when you're ready to come back xx