Friday, 15 July 2011

Rain, Rain Go Away...

No IF news, except that I'm feeling super jealous of all pregnant women, so I'm avoiding a lot of blogs at the moment. I'm sorry if you're pregnant and I'm not keeping up with your news but it makes me feel sick inside right now.


It's been raining every day for three weeks. Not just little showers, but full on monsoon style rain. There have been a couple of typhoons which have missed the Korean peninsula, but we're getting the edge of them. It is tipping it down. The river has flooded the park that runs along the riverbank, and nothing ever seems to be dry.


I've been looking at flights for us to go back to the UK at Christmas. We were here last year, but as we have a little bit of money at the moment it would be nice to see our families. We might make a few day stopover on the way there. Maybe Hong Kong.

5 comments:

luckyme said...

Hi Kat, no need to say sorry. I've had times where I can hardly go online and seeing all the enthusiastic well wishers on BFP posts made me feel evil and selfish but it's just so painful. Do what you need to do.
It's pissing down here in Argentina so I'm looking forward to some UK sun. Xmas at home sounds like a lovely plan. x

Kristen {www.buckupbuttercup.net} said...

I think it's totally normal to want to avoid any talk of pregnancy...no one is going to begrudge you the need to protect yourself.
Hugs...

Michele said...

I'm sorry it's raining so much, but from my perspective, it's hard to decide if that's really a bad thing as we have no rain, at all, ever. Hope you are able to make plans for Christmas time, it's nice to have something like that to look forward to.

knitting vixen said...

I don't blame you for feeling that way about pregnancies. Rest assured that my blog will have no such information. God knows how long I am going to be waiting for IVF but it after Oct I reckon (cos of the wedding)... and even that most probably won't effing work.

When I was on BC I made "friends" with a couple of people who had ectopics and were having trouble conceiving. The minute they became my friend they became pregnant. I am some kind of lucky charm for others it seems (but not for myself). Grrrr.

Sara said...

I remember those rainy Korean summers. I wasn't a fan at all. Good luck keeping your spirits up.

Needing to avoid pregnant people after an IVF BFN is totally normal. I don't think you should feel like you need to apologize for that.