Wednesday, 10 August 2011

CD1 and I'm Happy

It's CD1. Yay! This puts my cycle length this time at 31 days, which is consistent with where it's been at naturally for the last year. With no new drugs in my system, and my body recovering from an IVF cycle, I've come in at a normal cycle length for me.

I knew we hadn't beaten the odds this month. I took a hpt on CD28, knowing that if I were, it would have shown up by then. I wasn't, so it didn't, so it was just a case of waiting for the witch to arrive.

By yesterday I was starting to worry a little that I was going to have a longer cycle than normal. My doctor considered this last cycle to still be part of the IVF, to see how my body recovers from the drug-controlled (or uncontrolled in my case) cycle. I was worrying about it stretching on for weeks and weeks.

Now I have to wait for one more whole cycle, before my FET next cycle. Hopefully my body will play ball and it will be around 30 days as well. While FET usually has a lower success rate than fresh (around 25% as far as I can see) it's still the best chance we've probably had so far. I know now that it was a mistake to dive head first into the IVF so quickly. My body was worn out from so much stimulation. I should have taken a break. I'm glad to be having one now.

 I'm pretty sure I will be updating weekly, as I have been doing so far.

10 comments:

mutemockingbird said...

Good luck with this cycle!

I went into my FET cycle thinking it was a long shot. All the web sites I read and whenever I Googled FET all the success rates looked lower, but my RE said FET cycles are usually more successful because they can focus on getting your lining all ready to go and not have to worry about getting good eggs. He didn't give me any numbers so I don't know if he was generalizing to trying to make me feel better, but my fresh cycle was a bust, and so far (fingers crossed) my FET cycle is still sticking around with a beating heart and all. So hopefully it will be the same for you!

Cattiz J said...

September it is then =) You know I was really glad too when my period arrived more or less like it should after the ivf. That means that the body is back and running. Now - enjoy the break from meds and appointments.

JustHeather said...

Yay for a normal cycle! I hope this cycle will behave also and you can get started on your FET on time next month.

Jess said...

Yay for new beginnings and new hopes! :)

~Jess
http://bringingyoumorethanasong.blogspot.com/

Sushigirl said...

Good luck!

knitting vixen said...

Glad to hear it mate. Nice to see your body's recovered.

Lora said...

Glad to hear that everything is back to normal! It's definitely tough recovering from an IVF cycle. Enjoy just being you and having no meds (I plan on doing that too this month)!

luckyme said...

31 days is great and thanks for bringing up FETs as I've posted a lot on my blog about them and the myth that they offer less chance than a fresh cycle. My Dr told me the same as 'mutemockingbird' was told. The reason there are less successful FET stories is because there are less FETs and of those FETs many have significantly poorer quality embryos put back and so many other factors(as fresh obviously uses up the best of the bunch). So I was told I stood the same chance and I have to say my body felt really ready for it this time. Not sure about my clinic but 2 others locally have a 1% difference in success with FETs ...for the better. So.........all the best :)

luckyme said...

...and I have a friend who studied embryology and with such sophisticated cryopreservation now it's often impossible to tell under the microscope fresh from frozen...there are some good threads on BC in IVF group re FET stats and success rates.

Cate said...

Keep your fingers crossed! My FET was my only cycle that "took" for more than a day or two -- and I had completely written it off to the point that I didn't believe the nurse when she called to tell me!