Thursday, 25 August 2011

One Month to Go til FET!

More or less anyway.


Things have been ticking over pretty nicely. I've been working overtime which is making the time pass quickly. Last week I started going to the gym and I'm hoping to get in a little better shape before my FET in a months time. The trouble is working overtime I seem to always forget to take healthy snacks with me and end up eating unhealthy snacks such as donuts.


It has finally really stopped raining here and is really, really hot. I walked for nearly two hours across the city yesterday (there was no direct bus/subway and I didn't want to change) and bought some more bits and pieces for our flat. I really love this cheap Japanese store called Daiso which is all over town. It has lots of colourful ceramics, which are great because all the walls in my apartment are white.


We have one month to go before the FET. I'm getting cautiously excited.



4 comments:

Guiri de California said...

I am so excited for you, too! Let the countdown begin!

Liz said...

Not sure why I didn't start following a while ago, but I am your newest follower. I am excited for you to do the FET. Maybe if things work out we will be doing it at around the same time.

What will your protocol be? What do you have for frozen embies?

Kat said...

I don't know what the protocol is going to be, except that I want to it to relatively drug-light. I will be taking progesterone I expect but I think it's going to be timed with my natural cycle.

We have 3 embryos, described as 'excellent' quality, frozen, but I don't know/haven't decided about whether I want to do eSET or not or even if that's possible. I don't know how they are frozen and my clinic still works on the premise that 2 embryos increase the chances (which it does marginally, but also increases the chances of multiples etc etc)

Trying not to over plan as yet - I will be discussing it all with my doc next month. Last time I saw him I was too upset to process much except 'come back in 2 complete cycles time.

Bernadette & Duane said...

Very excited for you!!! We do have some frozen embryos so we will likely do an FET once we dig ourselves out from our most recent failure. I'll be cheering for you from the sidelines!