Monday, 26 September 2011

Dear Embryos...

Dear Embryos,


I have learned in the past that asking pleading for you to stick is not enough to make you decide to make my uterus your home. I realise that I never really sold life with me and your father well enough. So here goes.


If you choose to settle down and implant over the next few days, you will be making the best decision of your short lives so far. You will be settling down to nine comfortable months in a cozy space. Doesn't that sound good?


But that's not all. After your sojourn in my uterus is up (all good things must come to an end after all) the real fun will start. You'll get to be a baby. A cute, chubby baby with cute little clothes, some of which I promise to try to make myself. When you cry you'll get picked up and fed and changed and coddled.


Being a toddler will be super fun. You'll have so many things to play with, all bright and colourful. You'll also have you cat-bro Patxi to play with. You'll love him so much. He's white and likes to run around. I suspect he might be your first word! You guys will have a ball together. You'll get to try all kinds of different foods, and different games. Oh the fun we will have!


Next up, childhood. Books, art supplies, iPads, school, TV. Everyone wishes they could be a kid again, don't you want to stick around long enough to get there?


When you're a teenager, things might get rough between us. You'll want to do things that your Dad and I will disagree with. Maybe we'll fight. Maybe you'll do things in secret. Just know that we'll love you and you can always come to us, no matter what happens.


Then - the world. The choices you will have. You can do whatever you want with your life, and we'll try our hardest to get you there.


If that doesn't sound enough, your family are amazing. Your grandparents will love you so much - more than you could imagine. And you'll have uncles and aunts as well. You already have four cousins! Two of them aren't much older than you'll be.


This offer has a time window of the next few days. It's all up to you. I'm doing my best to make my uterus homely enough, so please consider living your life with ours.


Love Mum and Dad.



17 comments:

Michele said...

Cute...and sort of heartbreaking.

I hope they decide to stick around.

Jackie said...

Aww... :) This is baby book material. I hope they stick, and that you get to experience each stage with your little one(s).

Kate said...

This is so very touching.

sending you sticky thoughts!

Joey said...

I'd stick!

Joey
http://thechildlessmom.blogspot.com

Cattiz J said...

Aw, how sweet. how can they not choose to stay after that =) both of them!

Ang M said...

You forgot to add that with parents like you guys they will be beautiful, smart, creative, sporty and social. And have people all over the world to visit when the time comes to travel on their own.

Sending all sticky thoughts your way. Please excuse me for not knowing =( but how long will it be before these embryos make their decision known?

annoyed army wife said...

How can they pass on that offer? Good luck; I've got my fingers crossed for you guys!

Kat said...

Thanks everyone fo your sweet comments.

@Ang we've got about a week til the blood test, though it depends. Last time my period came early, though I'm on a completely different drug regimen.

Bernadette & Duane said...

Kat, YOU are going to make the BEST MOM EVER!(P.S. Is it totally ridiculous that I've been drinking soy milk and eating egg yolks for the past 2 days eventhough I'm using a surrogate? I definitely think it was the soy milk;))Cheers to FET positives this month! Lots of love from the states.

Sarah said...

Sending you lots of baby dust that they stick!!!

between IVF #1 and #2 I bought our future baby gifts and I held onto them each day during the 2WW.

Happy ICLW
#27

Summastarlet said...

Who wouldn't want to stick around and be part of your family?!? It sounds perfect. xx

I hope those little embies listen to their mummy.

JustHeather said...

You brought tears to my eyes and I want to steal this post. Very sweet and moving. Fingers crossed!

Natalie said...

hello from ICLW! I think your proposal sounds great. Fingers crossed that the embie takes the deal.

mommyodyssey said...

My mom had a conversation with my eggs that was very similar last month. She tried bribing them with toys. I say go for some chocolate. Once they get a taste of that stuff, they'll want to stick around.

Kat said...

Thanks again everyone!

@Heather Feel free to steal it if you want to. I hope it encourages your frostie to stick!

eggsinarow said...

Sounds so cozy! I'd be in!

gailcanoe said...

What a neat post! I'm here from Mel's weekly roundup.