Saturday, 17 September 2011

Feeling Worse

I've been having the usual worries over the last couple of days. Those worries that even though I know IVF success is cumulative and it will probably be successful eventually, that I will be one of those women for whom it doesn't work. Even after 2 or 3 or 4 cycles.


I know everyone has that worry as well, but sometimes it's difficult to shake the feeling.


I then read this article in the newspaper. It's sensitively done, but it freaked me out. I think it is important to point out that for some people IVF doesn't work. There seems to be a belief in modern culture that IVF is the key to all infertility problems, when in fact the success rates, no matter what an individual clinic might say, are around the 30-35% percent point per fresh cycle for someone in my age range. It's not like on TV.


Anyway, I read the article, and felt even worse.

1 comment:

JustHeather said...

I know how you feel! I want to believe that IVF will work for me, but I'm having a hard time with it these days. I mean, I thought that getting pregnant this time around would be as easy as it was 13 years ago, boy was I so wrong! And then for the first round of IVF, I was so excited and hoped this would be it. And now that IVF #2 and FET #1 has come and gone with FET #2 looming, I'm less confident. But I can't give up hope! If I gave up hope, I don't think I'd have anything and that is unacceptable.
Hang in there! I like the "dippy school girl" thought. ;) We can be cycle sistas this round.