Friday, 23 September 2011

PUPO!

The FET transfer went well this morning. Of the three frosties we had, two survived the thaw. I have no idea what they are supposed to look like, but one looked round and other other sort of round but a bit blobby. Only an embryologist knows I guess.


In contrast to my last transfer, there were only two of us there, and my doc wasn't doing any retrievals either. This mean I went in around 8.20, and the transfer was done by 8.35! I then slept there for about an hour, lay around for an hour, and was allowed to go at 10.20. I also felt much more relaxed and less anxious than last time. I asked the woman at the desk how many embryos we had before going in, which relaxed me a lot.


I feel a bit spacey now (valium again) so I'm lying in bed. I don't think I need to sleep, but I'm going to just take it easy. We then went for a ten minute walk to the bus stop, and got the bus home. My husband has gone to the gym, then we're going out to lunch.

9 comments:

Kat said...

Oh, and I drank my soy milk like a good girl this time. Cannot face the egg-sandwich though, it looks really gross.

JustHeather said...

Yay! So happy for a quick and easy transfer. Do they make you stay there for a while after the transfer? After the IVF retrieval, I had to stay a while, but not after any transfers. Basically, once all has been transferred and checked, I am free to go. Things really are different everywhere.

What does the egg-sandwhich look like? I'm not much of an egg fan either, except for egg tarts! Yum!

Fingers crossed!

China Doll said...

Glad it all went smoothly :) Yay for being PUPO!

And now getting a fancy for an egg sandwich....

Kat said...

Seriously, you wouldn't fancy this sandwich at all! it's gross. I'll take a picture and post it later.

Cattiz J said...

Congrats on being PUPO!!

So, about this sandwich? Do they give you one at the clinic or what? Is it a good thing to eat after transfer then.. I'm intrigued!

Janet said...

Congrats on being PUPO! I'm also PUPO, beta is September 30th. We transferred two frozen/thawed Day 3 embryos.

Best of luck to both of us! *Fingers Crossed*

Michele said...

Congrats on being PUPO, this feels like it went so fast for you this cycle. I hope it all goes well for you and you finally get a BFP with a take home baby at the end.

Liz said...

Glad everything went so well and congrats on being PUPO. Hopefully the next two weeks will fly by!!

Sara said...

Awesome! So glad you have two embryos safely on board. Best of luck!