Saturday, 24 September 2011

The Transfer and the Sandwich

1dp3dt


Dearie me, I just re-read my post from yesterday and I don't think it could have been more incoherent! It reads like a drunk person wrote it (which I guess in a way I was with the valium). After a fairly bad night's sleep I feel much better and more able to construct a coherent paragraph.


As I said yesterday the transfer went well. I was much more relaxed (except during the part where my doc put the whatever through my cervix, that always hurts a little for me) and then went to sleep for an hour or so. As I was being wheeled out Dr K gave me a high-five for 'sticky embryos.' Seriously.


As I was leaving, as last time, I was given an egg sandwich and a small box of soy milk. I drank the soy milk as we were leaving the clinic.


Onto the infamous sandwich. Here it is:



I couldn't face it after the transfer, but I did have an egg in my burger when we went out to lunch, so I don't feel too bad about not eating it.

Why the sandwich and soy milk?
I posted a week or so ago about the fact that my clinic doesn't offer intralipids. However I looked it up and intralipids are basically a mix of soy oil and egg yolks. It might be a coincidence that my clinic gives an egg sandwich and soy milk after transfer, but I doubt it. As it couldn't hurt anything I started drinking soy milk instead of cow's milk last week, and I will continue to until my test date.

I should add that my clinic does not say 'you must eat this sandwich and drink this soy milk to aid implantation' and that the whole 'soy milk' theory is one I have invented myself.

It can't hurt.



12 comments:

jjiraffe said...

That's a pretty interesting meal they gave you. I think your theory is correct. My RE never gave me food. Is that common where you are?

Best of luck!

ICLW 76

Kat said...

I don't know if it's a common thing here as I have only been to the one clinic. I only got it at ET though, not with my IUIs.

Sushigirl said...

At my ET I got a plastic white bread and cheese sandwich. I just wanted to have a packet of crisps, but no! they were adamant about the sandwich.

Good luck - hope this one is the one!

JustHeather said...

Eeew, that is a grody looking egg sandwich. I don't think I could have eaten it either.

Kelly said...

VERY interesting! We have our first IVF Cycle next month so I'm going to have to investigage this egg sandwich and soymilk theory! Best wishes to you for STICKY embryos! I like your doc's well wishes! Blessings to you!
ICLW #22

Bernadette & Duane said...

So strange! But heck, if you told me to stand on my head, wiggle my toes and stick my tongue out for a full 24 hours, at this point-- I'd do it! Because at this point, I'd do just about anything;)I happen to like soy milk so I'll jump on the soy milk bandwagon with you. Cheers to some positive FET news for the both us!

annoyed army wife said...

Oh man I don't know if I could have ate the sandwich no matter what it does. Yikes! I'm glad your transfer went well and I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Kate said...

Anyong from ICLW!

My husband and I used to live in Korea! It will always have a very special place in our hearts.

We're now living and teaching and going through fertility treatments in India.

I'm so glad that I found your blog and am looking forward to following it. Wishing you a busy a quick 2WW.

St Elsewhere said...

Wishing you super good luck for the FET....may that elusive BFP be around the corner for you.

Interesting...and I laughed at the theory.

Sending you lots of positive vibes.

iclw #39

Cattiz J said...

Oh very interesting indeed. I'm already on soymilk and I do like egg-sandwiches. But that one doesn't look very yummy I agree..

Fingers crossed! Glad two of them survived the thaw =)

Tippy said...

Hi Kat! Stopping by from ICLW (#19) and I see you are also a follower of me :-) Thanks! Good luck with your 2ww. I know they are a bit crazy-making. I'll be here to cheer you on and support you. And the egg sandwich and soy milk thing is funny! I like it. Maybe I'll try that with my hopefully upcoming transfer from our first DE IVF cycle

mommyodyssey said...

Congrats on being PUPO!
Crossing all appendages for you. :-)