Monday, 10 October 2011

Yucktastic!

Read no further if you don't feel like being grossed out.


I stopped all meds on Tuesday after the negative Beta, including the Progynova which was holding off AF. I also stopped the crinone gel.


If you have ever used crinone gel, then you know a little about it's more negative side. The build up, which has to be removed *ahem* 'manually in the shower' as my box instructions recommend. I don't think the shower part is particularly important, but whatever.


AF spotting started on Friday, and with it my body started to naturally pass some of the crinone build up, which was by then mixed in with spotting blood. So incredibly gross.


The thing is that I thought I had been fairly dedicated this cycle about trying to get rid of build up during the 2WW. I thought I was doing a pretty good job. I was really surprised at the sheer amount of the stuff still appearing. Where was it coming from? Where had it been hiding?


I did warn you this was gross, remember.


Further grossness ensued when I realised that the shower drain was draining really slowly on Saturday. I attacked it with a wire hanger and... well, in addition to all the hair and soap stuck in there...


Sorry, perhaps I could have kept that one to myself.


I seem to have passed all the crinone, and am now having one of the heaviest periods I'm had in recent years (with the exception of the one after my ectopic). I was glad when AF showed, as at least the drugs I was on hadn't f-ed up my cycle too much (about 3 days longer, so that's not too bad).

7 comments:

Michele said...

What an ordeal, at least you can look at the situation with humor. Sorry this cycle didn't work out for you.

Baby Craving said...

I hear you sista! Crinone is the worst!!!! I didn't know you had to fish it all out until I had sex with my husband a week or two after AF and it was everywhere!!! ewww! Then a friend told me to get it out manually.... the things we do for a baby hey....

JustHeather said...

Oh, um, I've never heard of Crinone, but now I'm thinking that is a good thing. LOL. Sorry for the grossness of it all, but it is sort of funny too..kinda.
I've mostly stopped prefacing things with TMI, because when you're dealing with all this stuff, much of it is TMI and I am not talking about it to be gross, but rather factly. :)
*hugs*

Janet said...

I feel your pain...I got my BFN on the 30th and went through the exact same thing...gross!

Summastarlet said...

Oh yes..Crinone is disgusting stuff! I was so glad when my new FS put me on pessaries instead...much less mess and no 'cleaning out' required!

marilyn said...

oh no!! That is not good! I am sorry you have to deal with this:(

Tippy said...

ah! i didn't relize that you could go up there and clean out the build up! good idea. i am on it for my cycle, 3x a day. i feel like it's going to get kind of full up there.. sorry, TMI :-) sorry you are having to deal with this.