Sunday, 1 January 2012

2012... meh.

Happy New Year Everyone!


I am in a pretty dark place ttc wise at the moment. One of the first things I saw this morning on checking Facebook were people making pregnancy announcements. Dark dark place.


We are planning to start IVF#2 in my next cycle in January. That's the plan at the moment anyway. To be honest I'm not sure how much about it I will report on this blog. I am also fairly sure I'm not in a place to be too involved in the 'community' at present. I can't deal with all the successes when all we seem to get is failure.


It seems at the moment that within the last year everyone who I was on the journey with have got their BFPs. I am the last woman standing at the beginning of 2012, and I can't take making more ttc 'friends' only to have them outstrip me as well.


If you had success in 2011 I am very happy for you, but I need to reassess the way I deal with this process, as my previous way doesn't seem to be working.

9 comments:

JustHeather said...

*hugs* Thinking of you.

Tippy said...

I get this dark place. I have been here, for certain. Sending you hugs and hope for your next cycle.

Bernadette & Duane said...

Sending you happy thoughts for the new year. I wish there were a quick fix for the dark days. Surround yourself with those who love and support you and treat yourself kindly. Best wishes for this next cycle. These things have a way of working out when you least expect it.

Sara said...

I'm sorry that you're in such a difficult place right now. I've been there and know that there is nothing that anybody can say to change it. Just know that there are people out here that get it and are hoping for great news from you in 2012.

Joey said...

Thinking of you during your sad times. I know how you feel. All my blogger friends have gotten BFP's too, while we continue to have failed IVF's. I hope and pray you have good news soon.
Joey
http://thechildlessmom.blogspot.com

Michele said...

I hope you can find your own way to deal with this crap.

Wishing you success with your next IVF.

Red Power Ranger said...

All completely understandable. I kinda thought most of my blogs I follow hanged up on me and all got UTD too. I've been following your journey for quite a while, and if you need to take time out, then I will be still here where you come back (guaranteed I won't be preg). I hit the 3 yr mark in April, I cannot believe its taking this long. I don't have the option of IUI or IVF, my partner (ok fiancé but I hate that word) refuses to try it. Makes for great fight nights.

I just hope that in 2012 we both finally get our turn to announce. Let's hope we don't go insane before then..xx

China Doll said...

Thinking of you at the moment... This can be such a hard time of year at the best of times, without dealing with TTC and other people's announcements. Hoping that 2012 is your year (and will understand if you decide to keep your head down going into your next cycle) xx

Cattiz J said...

I truly hope this new year will bring all you wish for. Best of luck with your upcoming IVF.