Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Here we go...!

Trigger tonight. I feel so bloated and painful that I'm scared I'll ovulate, but I've had another cetrotide shot this morning so all should be well. I start antibiotics tomorrow night, and retrieval is 8am Thursday morning. 


We have 'more than ten' follicles, but of course not all of them will have quality eggs. We also decided to go ahead with ICSI, even though dh's sperm are normal, to make as many embryos as possible. As the clinic does it anyway if sperm look 'sluggish' I'd rather know ahead of time that we're going to get as many embies as we can.


Lining at 0.9 or 1cm. I can't remember.


Dr K seems confident we'll get some 5 day blastos. I hope we have enough for this cycle and some for the freezer if this go around doesn't work out for us.

7 comments:

Red Power Ranger said...

Great news!! Best of luck for retrieval, hope it's smooth and you are happily surprised by your eggies! A lot of downer news of late, so it's about time we saw some good positive news..!

China Doll said...

More than 10 follicles sounds great :) Will be thinking of you for your retrieval and the ICSI xx

Toni Rapp said...

I think doing ICSI is great decision. Good luck!

Michele said...

I hope you get really good numbers this cycle. It would be nice to have some to freeze too.

JustHeather said...

I agree that ICSI is a great decision. I wish my clinic would have asked about it earlier or suggested it before this 3rd time. Oh well, not complaining really. :)

Sara said...

So exciting! Good luck!

knitting vixen said...

Wow, EC tomorrow.I have my FC that retrieve lots of follies and that you get some healthy embies.