Friday, 10 February 2012

Started stimms

The witch showed her face earlier than expected on Wednesday, so it was off to the clinic today for a Day 3 ultrasound, bloods (four vials - ouch) and starting on stimms.

I had a total meltdown in Dr K's office because while I was waiting for ultrasound (I had to wait for ages today) lots of women were coming out with pictures of their fetus' and they kept turning the sound on so that they could hear the heart beats. Which meant that everyone waiting could hear the heartbeats as well. By the time I got back to Dr K's office I was convinced that it was never going to happen for us and that it was all for nothing. I'm not wholly out of that frame of mind yet today.

I'm on 300 of Gonal F, split to 150 two times of day. This is a complete pain as it means that I have to do the evening one at work, which means carting the pen around and leaving it in the work fridge.


6 comments:

Red Power Ranger said...

My Ob was brilliant at separating patients. But my FS was an OB too. So I sat with wonderfully pregnant women in waiting rooms. It was sickening, an I know the receptionist looked at me in pity. It is very confronting.

Would love to see you at my blog, I've been following you for quite sometime.....

Tee
www.intertilitee2.blogspot.com

knitting vixen said...

That's awful. They really should bear in mind that most of the women in that waiting room are waiting for fertility treatment. If you hadn't heard the hb of these other ladies' pregnancies then you would be none the wiser and would assume they were having their ovaries scanned or something... it never occurred to me that anyone at my clinic would be scanned for anything else.

I was on 300ml of Gonal F as well (and I had to take it at the same time as Buserelin when I was stimming)- and was freaked out that this fact meant I was really infertile or something. Luckily I only had to take one dose. Keeping it at work sounds like a ball-ache (I got my husband to do my jabs as I was too chicken). Do your colleagues know you are having IVF? If not, I guess you have to disguise the pen or something?

Michele said...

I'm so glad that you're cycling again and blogging about it. I look forward to how this one goes.

Sorry your Dr's visit sucked, total lack of courtesy on their part. I wish they had figured this out by now.

Kat said...

The clinic is really like a factory. There are so many people going through and it would be very difficult to separate everyone and still maintain the same level of service (appointments whenever you need them, scans every 2-3 days during a cycle). I was having a terrible day and was stressed that we wouldn't be able to start stimming.

As to doing injections at work I guess I will have to do them in the bathroom stall! I always do my own anyway and the gonal F pen is pretty easy to use, but its just a complete pain. I'll have to dig out a brown paper bag for hiding my meds in the fridge!

Sara said...

It's so hard at clinics like that. I'm sorry that the stress has gotten you down. What a hassle about the pens at work too! It really is just for a few days in the overall scheme of things, though, so hopefully you can get through it without too much hassle. Best of luck!

NewYearMum said...

Hi... here from Cyclesistas :)) Joining the list for this month while doing IVF #3+... Know how you feel outside the FS office... ours is in a big maternity centre, so lots of pregnant bellies and US pictures ! I have a private blog {via newyearmum2.blogspot.com}, but happy for other IF/ART bloggers to join - just email me via my updater blog :) Good luck for your cycle and great to be cycling with you xoxo