Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Beta = 0

Went in this morning to get the Beta done 3 days early. There was no point waiting as my period had well and truly started. It was only one day early from my natural cycle, so at least it wasn't the same problem as my first fresh cycle.


The nurse called me back a few hours earlier than expected, but the result was as I had predicted: 0. 


Really not sure what to do with all this at the moment. Dr K has suggested doing a hydroscopy, though he said himself that there were no indications that I need one. He seems as frustrated as I am. He kept looking through my notes trying to figure out what he was missing. When the nurse called me back she said at the beginning of my next cycle we can discuss whether we want to do it.


We don't have any frozen from our seven lovely blastos. That's the risk of going to blasto stage I suppose. If we go again we go again from scratch in a few months. 


We don't know if we want to try again. Reading nearly everyone else's experiences tells me that eventually it should work, but part of me now doesn't believe IVF is ever going to work for us. I know this feeling is connected to the fact that we've just had a failed cycle, but I can't bring myself to be excited about another cycle.



11 comments:

Red Power Ranger said...

Fcked poobum crap arse stinky cock wank!
Hope u r ok mate.. Thought it was your time to score a break..xx

marwil said...

Double fuckery! It's so hard not having any frozen embryos to work with, it would be much easier I think.
Take your time to make up your mind and figuring out what to do next..

knitting vixen said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again- bollocks. This is so unfair and you don't deserve it.

I have nothing wise or interesting to say, just know I am thinking of you and will always be keeping my fingers crossed for you. I am sure you will be a mum one day x

Michele said...

I know you're not kidding about this, but that is just what I want to say, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!

Shit, shit and double shit.

Jonny and Brittany said...

I am so sorry for your beta results- I just started following your blog today- just know that I am rooting for you. It's so hard each time to get the strength up for another round- sending you lots of hugs today!

JustHeather said...

I am so so sorry!! Negative results just suck.

I hope you don't give up, if you truly aren't ready yet. I know each of us has our own limit of what we are willing to put ourselves through.

Thinking of you!

Sushigirl said...

Oh no. I'm so sorry. Could you take a bit of time off and then decide what to do?

mutemockingbird said...

I'm so sorry. Negative results just suck and it always seems worse when there is no reason why the cycle didn't work.

lostintranslation said...

I'm so sorry! I'd been following you again this cycle (even though I failed to comment) and was so hoping it would work this time. Take care of yourself.

Sara said...

Oh Kat, I am so freakin' sorry. That sucks sucks sucks sucks.

Big hugs.

Kate said...

so so sorry. thinking of you.